Wednesday, September 26, 2012

That's a wrap!

I'm trying something new and breaking a cardinal rule. I'm sending him to school with something he's never tried. EEK! I told him about the wrap and he said it sounds like dessert - so I'm hoping it goes over well!

Little man suggested using a sword to hold the wrap together, so he's getting those too (along with a chat about how the swords stay IN his lunchbox and if there's an issue he won't get them again) :)

For tomorrow he has: a cream cheese and jam tortilla wrap, mixed fruit (mango, strawberries and blueberries), pretzel and parmesean gold fish, and yogurt raisins with marshmallows.

I need to find a better way to do the wrap... this was kind if a mess. I had to warm the tortilla to make it soft enough to roll, but that made the cream cheese impossible to spread, then when I rolled it, a lot of the jam squished out. I think next time I'll leave the tortilla out to get to room temp and see if that helps. Any other pointers?

No comments: