Monday, September 3, 2012

kindergarten lunches!

well... I haven't used this blog in a looong time, but my son starts kindergarten tomorrow and I'm packing his lunches. eep!

I've scoured the net searching for kindergarten lunch ideas, packaging ideas, etc. and I actually think we're ready! I've got the easy lunchbox 3 sectioned containers (from amazon) and rectangle lunch bags from old navy - and a Ninjago one from khols! they fit the container+ice pack+juice/water and that's the important part!

my son is kind of a finicky eater. he likes "different" things, but he likes what he likes... and if he doesn't like something, he WILL NOT eat it. which makes it interesting. :) so you won't see a lot of sandwiches here... and you won't see a lot of originality LOL he originally said he wanted hummus and bread every single day... so we'll see!

so here it is - day one of kindergarten tomorrow!! and this is what he chose for the special day: salami and cheese bat shaped sandwich, Parmesan goldfish and raisins, and raspberries with chocolate chips for dessert :) he'll also take a bottle of water or box juice every day.

my goal is to take a picture every day. im a nut who likes to see these things... :)

here's a wonderful blogger mom that has some cool bento lunch ideas!
I Heart lunch at Following In My Shoes

4 comments:

Rachel @ Following In My Shoes said...

How do you like the easy lunchbox? I have been meaning to get one for THREE YEARS!!!!

amy said...

today is the first day - so i'll let you know how it held up to a 5 year old! but right out the door, i love them :) the lids fit securely, but caleb can open it no problem. the spaces are bigger than i expected (adult size portions could easily fit) - so i had room left in each section. they arent "leak prof" in that i wouldnt put something real wet in it - but i'm planning on doing hummus (tomorrow!) and yogurt, and i'll use press and seal over those sections to be safe.

for the price, i couldnt pass them up! i think i paid $12 for 4 on amazon. thats a full week of lunches without having to wash! LOL :)

Steph @ Three Loud Kids said...

Tell us how that easy lunch box holds up, Im curious! Ive considered getting one for a while now too.

amy said...

So far, so good! The only "issue" is that my 5 year old didn't finish his lunch, then didn't put the lid on tight (he was in a hurry to play!) so hummus and strawberry juice got all over his bag today :( But that's user error.

Truthfully - its almost too big for kindergarten. His portion sizes just aren't that big so it seems like "wasted space". That's not a BAD thing, really. I'll use them for my lunches as well! Rhe food just looks smaller in it. But it fits perfectly in his lunch bag - so that's a HUGE plus!